From Landmark Communications via Facebook:
The Atlanta Journal's Jim Galloway is reporting the nine finalists today for the open Supreme Court seat being vacted by Leah Sears.
Text below here is Galloway's:
"Your next Supreme Court justice can be found here"
1:53 pm July 1, 2009, by Jim Galloway
The Judicial Nominating Commission just handed to Gov. Sonny Perdue its list of nominations for candidates to fill the state Supreme Court seat vacated by Leah Sears."
"Our money is on David Nahmias, currently the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District."
"Here’s the entire list:
• Stephen Louis A. Dillard – Of Counsel, James, Bates, Pope & Spivey; Macon;
• James P. Kelly III – Managing partner of Kelly Law Firm; Atlanta;
• David E. Nahmias – U.S. Attorney; Northern District of Georgia;
• Samuel D. Ozburn –Superior Court Judge; Alcovy Judicial Circuit;
• William M. Ray II – Superior Court Judge; Gwinnett County;
• Craig L. Schwall Sr. – Superior Court Judge; Fulton County;
• Mary E. Staley – Superior Court Judge; Cobb County;
• Benjamin W. Studdard III – State Court Chief Judge; Henry County;
• and Rocco E. Testani – Partner, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan; Atlanta."
Community News You Can Use
Follow us on Twitter: @gafrontpage